Leading partner: The Association of Non-Governmental Organizations for Autism of Slovenia
In Slovenia there is no official data on autism prevalence. Planning and organizing support and activities for people with autism and their families, professionals and employees was until now based on research in other countries. These are also used in communication with ministries, decision makers, financers and other important stakeholders in the field of autism in Slovenia and abroad. The aim of this work package is to conduct a research on autism prevalence in Slovenia regarding age, gender and the region of residence of people with autism. The research will be conducted by the The Association of Non-Governmental Organizations for Autism of Slovenia.
Activities: an online questionnaire will be prepared as a basis of developing an online application, developed by an external developer. Contact will be established with health professionals, which will gain access to an application. Information will be gathered from the health professionals and analyzed. A report on the prevalence of autism in Slovenia will be prepared and presented to key stakeholders. A dissemination of the results will be made. A register for longitudinal estimation of autism prevalence in Slovenia will be established. The key findings of the research will serve as a basis of:
- developing a model of support to professionals working in the field of education
- developing activities in the field of education of people with autism throughout their lifespan
- developing vocational training and employment support for people with autism
- enhancing autism awareness among decision makers, financers, professionals working in the field of education, and employers
- enhancing general autism awareness in the society
- informing decision makers about the needs of people with autism
- establishing an effective cooperation between different sectors of the government in the process of enabling support to people with autism in Slovenia
- implementing inclusive approach to education and employment of people with autism
The online application, developed within the project (and the longitudinal register, enabling prevalence estimation) will serve as a model to similar research on autism prevalence in other European countries. The online application will enable longitudinal gathering of information and updating of the information.
This work package will be completed by The Association of Non-Governmental Organizations for Autism of Slovenia.
- Development of an online questionnaire used within an online application
Result: an online questionnaire
- Development of an online application for gathering information on autism prevalence in Slovenia, regarding age, gender and the region of residence
Result: an online application – a model for gathering information
- Establishing contact with the stakeholders
Result: Contact with health professionals, diagnosing autism
- Data analysis – autism prevalence in Slovenia, regarding age, gender, and the region of residence
Result: A report on autism prevalence in Slovenia, regarding age, gender, and the region of residence
- Informing about the results of the research, dissemination – thematic meetings
Result: informed decision makers, professionals, and the general public – on the subject of autism prevalence in Slovenia